“NDI made the setup of this temporary TV studio more easy and simple, because all audio and video distribution was carried out via Ethernet, and the one-and-only distribution device was the Ethernet switch.” – Michal Kyjonka, DISK Systems
The organizers of the 57th Zlin International Film Festival for Children and Youth, Zlin, Czechoslovakia, put on an intensive live production program using a wide range of NewTek’s production systems, NDI® technology, and NDI-compatible products from a variety of manufacturers.
The “FilmLab TV” project was integrated by DISK Systems and operated by students of Tomas Bata University of Zlin, one of the co-organizers of the annual festival.
Keys to the production included:
- 44-input NewTek IP Series VMC1 main switcher; Inputs were a mix of SDI and NDI. PGM output was recorded to an internal hard drive, as well as streamed to the Festival’s Facebook page
- In-studio JVC cameras connected to the IP Series via SDI
- Remote JVC cameras connected to LTE cellular modems transmitting wirelessly to the Festival’s local network via UDP and a media streaming protocol
- A NewTek Studio Expansion Module VMC1 IN intercepted the streams and transcoded them to NDI streams for the network, where the NewTek IP Series and all other NDI-aware production tools could receive them
- A NewTek TalkShow received Skype video calls and sent them as NDI streams to the network
- A TriCaster Mini HD-4sdi for additional SDI inputs from studio cameras, which it sent as NDI streams to the network; and as an additional PGM out for streaming
- A TriCaster Mini HD-4i (HDMI model) as a Playout server for a local Festival TV Channel
- The NewTek and Wowza MediaDS to stream out four channels to Brightsign LS 423 players driving large LED screens in locations around Zlin
Enjoy the video above, and read the complete story here: FilmLab TV studio of Film festival in Zlin: IP NDI based TV studio operated by students of Bata University
Learn more about NewTek NDI
Learn more about NewTek IP Series
Learn more about MediaDS
Learn more about TriCaster Mini Series
The 57th Annual Zlin International Film Festival for Children and Youth was organized by the company Filmfest, s.r.o.; Co-organizers: Statutory City of Zlin, Tomas Bata University in Zlin. This year the festival screened 326 films from 62 countries; attendance was about 125,000 for the festival.